Changing the world one conversation at a time...
Become a Solution-Focused Parent
The Parent as Coach program provides simple yet powerful techniques that empower you to build a strong, respectful and loving relationship with your child.
Confidently raise and create a deeper connection with your child. Become a parent that knows how to face the digital challenges of today’s world through enhancing your communication and social-emotional skills. Discover key aspects of a child’s brain development and how to use this knowledge to spend meaningful time with your child. Become curious about your child’s learning process and build plans together. Encourage a joyful, loving connection between you and your child through deep listening, powerful questioning and inspiring storytelling.
Who is this program for?
This program is most suitable for parents who raise a child between 0 and 12 years old and who are willing to apply solution-focused approaches to assist their child to develop from an emotionally-centered individual into a confident, possibility-oriented and loving adult. It is for those who want to gain the ability to support and challenge the child in a positive way with communication techniques that allow for sincere and meaningful conversations that enhance a lasting, loving and joyful relationship. It is for those parents that value the time with their child as very precious in life and seek to create a meaningful experience through it for the whole family.
Prior coaching experience is not necessary.
This course is recognized by the International Coach Federation (ICF) as a course supplying a total of 21 Continuing Coaching Education (CCE) units (17 Core Competencies, 4 Resource Development).
Why Parent as Coach?
Research over the past ten years on Solution-Focused coaching with parents and their children demonstrates that coaching parents, children, teens and family systems reduces the stress in family situations and provides key skills for the family to flourish. All family member’s mature and grow.
This course is designed to equip parents with fundamental coaching skills for parent-child conversations. The program is based on the most recent neuroscience discoveries and child-brain development research.
Applying the solution-focused communication as a family standard helps families move confidently forward through life challenges including the teenage period of the child. Utilizing the cutting-edge Solution-Focused approaches on a daily basis helps the child love to learn and explore with curiosity and joy. Children who are educated in a solution-focused manner attain positive habits that support strong characters with ease. This helps them to independently navigate through life on their own later on.
Benefits of the Parent as Coach program for Coaches:
– Get inspired how to apply the Solution-Focused coaching approaches in a family environment and foster creativity and meaningful time together.
– Understand the difference between being a professional coach and a family member who is effectively applying a coach approach at home.
– Learn how and when to combine coaching with other personal development approaches such as mentoring, training, feedback to enhance the growth, learning capability and autonomy of the child in the various stages of their development.
– Integrate coaching skills into everyday communication with the child in a way that they will accept and appreciate it.
Benefits of the Parent as Coach program for personal development:
– Gain and practice simple yet impactful coaching skills to create trust, listen deeply and ask the kind of questions that connect your child to their developing abilities and expand their potential.
– Explore the key aspects of a child’s brain development and how to foster creativity, intelligence, emotional well-being and confidence.
– Create effective short and long-term agreements with your child that are mutually beneficial and support their growth.
– Manage disruptive situations effectively with time-tested and well-researched coaching techniques.
– Develop the capacity to access and remain in a resourceful mindset during otherwise tense and difficult moments with your child. Set and maintain healthy family boundaries and discipline in a positive manner.
– Apply communication techniques that support and challenge your child in a positive way and allow for sincere and honest conversations.
– Assist the child in developing and executing their own projects by fostering their intellectual creativity, strengthening their emotional intelligence and building on their personal autonomy.
– Practice powerful storytelling to engage your child’s imagination, develop their cognitive abilities as well as, encourage a deep, loving connection between you and your child.
– Discover how to hold space for your child’s own self-empowerment which supports them in developing themselves as their own leader.